Passport applicants no longer
be required to bring along their photographs to the Immigration Department
from March 1, 2014. The photographs will be taken at the counters for free.
Malaysia Passport is a valid travel document issued by the Malaysian
Government for the purpose of traveling abroad. Malaysia Passport is the
property of The Government of Malaysia and it may be withdrawn at any time if
the Immigration Department is satisfied that the passport is used contravene
against the Passport Act 1966. The holder is fully responsible for the
security of the Passport.
With effective from 8 April
2013, the applicants who wish to apply for Malaysia Passport shall submit a passport photo with new
specifications. This is due to the following Immigration Offices will issue
with better quality passports using polycarbonate film biodata pages.
Below is an outline of Malaysia Passport (Polycarbonate) Photos
• A white color background with
• Photo size is 35mm x 50mm
• Face size must between 25mm - 30mm (50% - 60% of the photo space under
• Excess space between the chin with the lower end of sized photographs at
• Excess space between the head with the upper end of sized photographs at
• Polaroid instant photos are unacceptable
• The applicant must look straight into the camera
• The passport photo must show the eyes clearly
• Taken in dark color clothing with cover the shoulder and chest
• Three quarter profiles are not allowed
• There must be no hair over the face
• Not cover the forehead for wearing hijab (tudung)
Malaysia Passport Photos (Polycarbonate)
For more information, check with
Department for the details.
NOTICE: For the Attaché
Immigration Offices in overseas issued Malaysia Passport without
polycarbonate film biodata pages, the applicant must be photographed on a
light blue background.